Seafood Cat Treat Recipe with Natural Supplements ©

Cats love seafood and we’ve made this treat recipe both irresistible and healthy. A full range of naturally-sourced, highly-digestible nutrients make these cat cookies more of a homemade cat supplement than a treat… but your feline friend will never know!

Please click the links for more information and/or to purchase the natural supplements included in this premium cat treat recipe.

Seafood Cat Treats with Natural Supplements
© Formulated by AllNaturalPetCare.com
Homemade Natural Cat Treat Supplement Recipe
1 cup gluten-free flour (or your favorite brand’s equivalent to one cup of flour)
1 TBSP powdered seaweed/algae
1 TBSP catnip (fresh or powder)
2 TBSP ground krill
1/4 tsp Calcium Montmorillonite Clay
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 large egg
1/2 cup finely chopped or pureed unseasoned sardines packed in water
1/4 cup unseasoned chicken drippings/broth

Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Roll out to 1/4″ thick on floured surface.
Cut out with small cookie cutter.
Bake until edges are lightly golden brown (about 10 minutes).

Options:

• If you can find any canned seafood (salmon, etc.) packed in water that doesn’t contain salt, the water may be used to replace chicken broth. Alternately, you can eliminate the sea salt and use half canned salted seafood water and half plain water.  Chicken broth and sea salt is a much healthier option.
  • Lightly sprinkle the ground krill on top of each treat and gently press into top before baking.

© All Natural Pet Care BlogContent on this website (all or in part) may NOT be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Content theft will result in legal action. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content.

Pet Baking Sets - Cello Bags, Cookie Cutters, Baking Cups

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. If you are reading this on our home page, please click the title of the post to add a comment.

16 Responses to “Seafood Cat Treat Recipe with Natural Supplements ©”

1. Laural says:

I’m really pumped about making supplements for my cats using natural ingredients. Everything in our lives is artificial these days and I’m trying to change that one item at a time. I put in a huge garden this year with herbs so I’m busy freezing & canning. We raise some of our own meat and fish too.

2. Norene says:

My cats love them…..thanks

3. Joy says:

Loving the natural supplement ideas for cats. Everybody talks about baking for dogs but not kitties. :-(

4. Cindy Hawkins says:

Excellence! Thanks so much for this healthy recipe.

5. Theresa says:

I’ve made this a couple of times now too and the cats seriously do love them, while I get to feel good about feeding them treats. I came back to see if you’d posted more recipes so get on that will you? hahahaha

6. Jacinta says:

The recipe mixes up good and my cats like the treats with benefits. If it gives them one more day with me it will be worth the effort of making food. :-)

7. Marge and Boots says:

You know I may be imagining things but I think my senior cat has more bounce in her step since I started making these treats for her. She gets one every day so I’d love to see you post more flavours.

8. Becca Celine D. says:

A superior cat treat recipe, that’s for sure. Giving my cat treats was always a guilty pleasure but now I can feel good about it.

9. Susan says:

I was thinking the same thing Clairice! I’ve seen lots of homemade cat treats on the market but no homemade cat supplements!

10. Clairice says:

Love it! I’d love to make more pet supplements and maybe even turn it into a pet business.

11. Cesca says:

Awesome recipe! I see all sorts of true treat recipes but most of them aren’t very good for pets because they’re truly treats. This one tastes like a treat but it doubles as a natural supplement and for that I’m grateful.

12. Jen says:

The cats love these treats….thanks for the recipe!

13. Miss Annie says:

I’m going to try this cat treat recipe as soon as the ingredients come in. I hope my baby girls & patients like them!

14. Aideen says:

I’m totally pumped about making these supplement treats! I bake for my dogs but most recipes for cats don’t sound like they’d be very good for them. I can tell this recipe is based on solid knowledge of cats. Good job!

15. Dianne W. says:

We need more recipes for homemade pet supplements please.

16. Catabulous! says:

What a catabulous cat treat recipe! Smudge is going to love them and I’m happy they’re so much better for him than store treats.