Welfare Weekend: Free Resources for a ‘Dogs Die in Hot Cars’ Campaign ©

Many great pet websites have articles about the dangers of leaving dogs in hot cars, so we decided to do something a little different.  The intent of this post is to empower you to make a difference by sending you out there armed with educational materials that promote this deadly dog issue.  From shareable graphics to printable flyers and posters, there are many ways we can work together to educate pet parents.

We’ve also designed a new ‘Hot Dog’ poster for you to share on Facebook, Pinterest, or anywhere there’s an audience. Does anyone remember the anti-drug commercial that inspired us?  :-)

Free Dogs Die In Hot Cars Poster Graphic

Free Printable Poster & Flyer Downloads For ‘Dogs Die in Hot Cars’ Campaigns:

ASPCA ‘Pets in Hot Cars’ free flyer to download and print.
BC SPCA free, printable ‘Dogs in Hot Cars’ poster & brochure.
SPCA of Wake County’s free ‘Is it too Hot to Leave Your Dog in the Car Today’ printable poster.
Humane Society of El Paso’s ‘Hot Cars Kill Pets’ printable poster.
Indy Humane Society ‘Dogs Die in Hot Cars’ free, printable poster.
AVMA free, printable ‘Pet in a Hot Car’ poster.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office covers the legal aspect of this issue with free ‘Hot Oven, Hot Car’ poster downloads.
Dogs Today Magazine ‘Don’t Cook Your Dog’ campaign free printable posters.
Ask A Vet A Question offers a free, printable ‘Don’t Leave Your Dog In The Car!’ flyer.
My Dog is Cool offers several free, printable posters, signs and flyers to spread awareness about dogs in hot cars.

If you prefer to send a different message, it’s really easy to make your own posters and flyers in your favorite word processing program.  Most of them have free flyer templates to guide you.

If anyone thinks you’re being a bit of an alarmist, direct them to the scientific data about car temperatures:

Hyperthermia Deaths of Children in Vehicles, a study by the CCM Department of Geosciences, SFSU.
New Scientist report on a Stanford University Study that proves cars develop killer heat, even on cooler days.

You can also check out your local laws if people really need to be slapped alongside of the head to get it.  Most provinces and states have passed legislation that includes leaving pets in a hot car under animal cruelty laws.

Together, we can take the knowledge level from “I didn’t know that!” to “Oh please, everybody knows that!”

Please feel free to share links to more printable posters and flyers to save dogs from hot cars.Dog Days of Summer

We’d like to take this opportunity to wish everyone the kind of
Summer that fond memories are made of!

✔  You may also be interested in reading:  Welfare Weekend:  Dogs Die in Hot Campers [With Free Shareable Graphic]

© All Natural Pet Care BlogContent on this website (all or in part) may NOT be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Content theft will result in legal action. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. If you are reading this on our home page, please click the title of the post to add a comment.

16 Responses to “Welfare Weekend: Free Resources for a ‘Dogs Die in Hot Cars’ Campaign ©”

1. Quenton says:

What a handy post! I’ll be doing lots of printing today!!

2. Casie says:

You’re so good at this! The spca should hire you to create awareness. Thanks for saving animals (my adopted dog & cats told me to say that) :-)

3. Sierra P says:

Sadly I had a chance to use a flyer yesterday when I saw a dog in a car at the mall. The windows were all down quite a bit but the dog was barking like mad. I just threw a flyer into the vehicle.

4. Jax says:

I can’t understand why so many dogs are killed or hurt by hot cars every summer. I try to be forgiving but what are they thinking!!!

5. Sandy Messina says:

WELL DONE!! Lots of dogs will be saved if we help people understand the real danger.

6. Amanda says:

Together we can raise awareness and if we can help stop at least just one person from making a fatal choice like this- it will be a good step in the right direction. I am going to ask my city if we can post these in store windows, pet stores and on the bulletins at the dog park.

7. Melody - Admin says:

I can’t express how happy I am to hear that this message is getting across, and how people are so willing to help spread the word. Pets are very lucky to have you guys in their corner!

8. Trevor says:

I called 911 about a dog left in a mall parking lot once and they said it wasn’t an emergency!! Make sure you have the nonemergency police & spca number with you at all times!!

9. Belinda says:

I love your animal welfare posts! They’re helpful without the shock tactics some blogs use. I don’t want to see pictures of severely abused animals any more than I want to see a severely abused child. It’s a serious problem but I don’t need to see disturbing images. Thanks for that.

10. Chelsea says:

Thanks for using your blog to help people be proactive in the fight against animal cruelty.

11. Alissa says:

I didn’t know how fast dogs can die until I saw a news article about a police dog that passed away in a hot car. It’s not common knowledge like a lot of people think and we need to change that. I appreciate this list so much, it’ll really help.

12. Jana Rade says:

Heat stroke is no light matter! With my own eyes I saw what a temporary, immediately treated, drug-induced hyperthermia can do. It fried Jasmine’s blood, fried her muscles, hurt her liver … she was unable to walk at all for a week and with great difficulties for second week. It took a month before she started re-gaining her strength.

And those conditions were nowhere near a closed car on a hot day.

13. Kathleen says:

I had no idea there were so many online, thanks. I hope this means the message is getting out there.

14. Kevin says:

I’ll put these to good use anywhere I can and I ALWAYS report dogs left in cars.

15. Lisa -- Ontario says:

WOW you really did your homework (again). Thanks for these lifesaving resources.

16. Jane says:

Great idea for a post! There’s still a lot of people who don’t know how fast dogs can die in a hot car.