Dog or Horse Treat Recipe: Easy Crunchy Pumpkin Apple Cookies ©

We lived in front of an orchard when I was growing up, so Autumn always brings back memories of climbing into the trees and eating way too many apples.  Dogs and horses will often eat a chunk of apple raw and their wild cousins snack on fallen fruit.  We like to make apple season a little more fun with homemade apple dog and horse treats.  :-) Happy Autumn!

Crunchy Pumpkin Apple Cookies for Dogs or Horses
© Formulated by AllNaturalPetCare.comDog Treat Recipe - Crunchy Pumpkin Apple Cookies

1/2 c pure unsweetened pumpkin (canned or pureed)
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
1 1/4 c water
1 cup rolled oats
4 cups green pea flour (or other suitable flour substitute)
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Bowl 1 – Thoroughly mix dry ingredients together.
Bowl 2 – Thoroughly mix wet ingredients together.
Add Bowl 1 to bowl 2 and mix well.
Knead on floured surface.
Roll out to 1/2″ and cut into adorable shapes with cookie cutters.
Bake at 325F for about one hour or until they reach desired hardness.

Note:  If dough is too sticky, add flour.

__________________________

© All Natural Pet Care BlogContent on this website (all or in part) may NOT be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Content theft will result in legal action. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content.

Submit a Recipe: Do you have a healthy pet food recipe that you’d like to share? Please e-mail it to suppliers{at}allnaturalpetcare.com. You’ll receive full credit, including a link to your website in the bio if we we publish it. Recipes do not have to be exclusive submissions, but please submit only your own original recipes.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED – Legitimate comments will be published after a short delay. If you are reading this on our home page, please click the title of the post to add a comment.

Pet Baking Sets - Cello Bags, Cookie Cutters, Baking Cups

10 Responses to “Dog or Horse Treat Recipe: Easy Crunchy Pumpkin Apple Cookies ©”

1. Lindsey says:

I could eat these myself, they sound so health and tasty. Thanks girl!

2. Shellypoo says:

Oh nummy treats!!!! I’m giving this recipe to mommy right away!!!!

3. Anne says:

Thanks for your instruction on how to do the pumpkin apple cookies. your details are so clear and my dogs are really love it. it doesn’t cost much compare to buy the dog food which cost a lot for me in order to buy it every month per packet. i love your method and i will keep looking up for it! Do write more!Nice blog by the way!

4. Kendra says:

These sound like a good Halloween treat for our little pup party we’re having in a couple of weeks. Thanks!

5. Carla Echer says:

Sounds healthy and easy, I’ll give this recipe a try when I have a day off.

6. emy says:

This is a healthy treat for my dogs. I have tried your recipe and both my schnauzer and collie loves the cookies so I have added this to their weekly treats. They’re really quick and easy to make. Thanks for posting this, I’m always on the hunt for new home made treats for my fur babies:)

7. Kim says:

I have some in the oven and they smell divine…….but they don’t look so good LOL

8. Claudia says:

Add a bit of sugar and I could eat this one myself :-D

9. Tanya says:

Hi there,
    Is there a substitute you would suggest for the rolled oats? My little guy is allergic.

Thanks!